Thursday, July 16, 2009

drenched!

I'm proud of myself - I've been walking the Tower Trail at Sleeping Giant State Park every day for the last two weeks and today when I walked out the door, I thought about how lucky I was to have avoided the rain...talking about jinxing myself!

I got severely drenched from a huge thunderstorm that decided to crack open when I was almost to the top of the trail. I should have run the last little bit to the Stone Tower for shelter, but instead, I decided to turn around, thinking the trees would shelter me a bit from the rain. Bad decision. By the time I got back to the car, I was soaked head to toe and partly covered in mud - very fun!

I learned my lesson: dark dark clouds = rain

On the flip side, I've been taking some more photos of my bead work and testing out my skills, finding new "backdrops" for the pictures. One of my favorite photos is a pair of silver hoop earrings with hand-blown swirl glass beads that I took in the Stone Tower. I had to play with my camera to get it to focus, but I finally got a few good shots!

I'm still working on my collection and taking pictures to create portfolio. When I finally get everything photographed and logged, I'll start selling off my pieces. Until then, stay tuned and stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment