Tuesday, July 7, 2009

rain rain go away!

Today I decided to hike to the top of the Tower Trail at Sleeping Giant State Park - nothing new for me. On a whim, I packed up some of the jewelry I made, I figured that I might be able to take a few nice pictures and it was really sunny and gorgeous out.

The hike to the top wasn't too bad, and there weren't many people at the park today. Once I reached the top I climbed out to the cliffs that I discovered last week - only this time I took a different foot path, which was a wise decision. The foot path I took today took me higher up, overlooking the spot that I had discovered last week - it was also more peaceful. After laying out a few pieces and taking a few shots, the sunny day turned dark. I heard a lot of thunder rumbling in the distance and I knew I had to go. The storm rolled in pretty fast - I half ran the 1.6 miles down the mountain to the parking lot - I DID NOT want to get caught in a summer storm! It worked out to my advantage - it has been pouring rain on and off all day since I left the park. Thank goodness I was able to stay dry!

Hopefully it will be sunny tomorrow and I'll be able to take some more pictures! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment